Archive for 21 January 2010
Happy birthday to me!
Image courtesy of Ed Sanders, via Wikimedia Commons
a very foodly diary is one year old today. Can you believe it? Something like 99% of new blogs die within 6 months [I read that stat just after I started this blog and haven’t been able to re-find it on the international network], so I feel like this is a great achievement.
Thank you to everyone who has visited, commented and used my recipes during this time – and a special thank you to my lovely subscribers! I appreciate each one of you and am very serious when I say that I could not have done it without you.
I am a huge fan of turning birthday celebrations into ‘festivals’ (ie. holding festivities over multiple days). For example, every year I hold ‘The Festival of Hannah’ to mark my birthday, and The Festival of Hannah continues for at least a week. So I thought I would celebrate this achievement in a similar way – with a trickle of mini celebrations.
Firstly, the immediate celebration: I have compiled a list of the 10 most popular posts from Year 1:
- 10 things you can do with ganache;
- Eating out in Sydney: Pendolino, Golden Harbour, Café Sydney & Nhat Tan;
- The third way I like to eat Nutella;
- A Very Friendly Christmas – how I spent Christmas 2009;
- Why am I writing this blog?;
- Sweet decadence – just a few of my favourite things;
- It’s all about the chocolate, Part 1 – Part 2 is still on its way;
- Introducing Andaluz – my favourite Perth tapas bar;
- Cling-wrap poached eggs – a foodly experiment gone very right; and
- So pho, so good – the summary of my pho experiences to November 2009.
Some of my favourite posts just missed out on a top 10 placing, so here they are:
- My Year of Living Voraciously – entering 2010 without new year’s resolutions;
- 21 days – how I keep myself happy, energised & healthy;
- Assiette de Hannah – the tasting plate that got me through to the second round of MasterChef Australia 2009 auditions;
- Adventures in icecream – icecream inspired by pink peppercorns; and
- 5 diet rules I swear by.
I hope that reading through these brings back some great memories and rekindles interest in forgotten recipes.
But one little list doesn’t make a festival…so over the next few months, you will see incremental changes to a very foodly diary. Planned features include a new domain name, improved searchability, and a more aesthetically pleasing site overall.
I want to make sure that a very foodly diary keeps getting better and better. For this to happen, I need you to answer an important question for me:
In anticipation of your response and another fabulous year ahead,